Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Post for the Tree of Lives Blog


Matthew 11:28-30

The Message (MSG)
 28-30"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."


I walked with Jesus today. We visited the town of Limuru and the villages of Karanjee, Miseri and Farmers. I wish you could've sat on my shoulder to hear the stories of the four women who are HIV-positive. 


They have been positive for many years but because of the support they get from the Tree of Lives ministry they are leading healthy lives. One woman shared how her diagnosis has brought her closer to God and her faith community. Another with medications and education was able to have an eight-month-old baby who is negative. 


The other two women in addition to HIV meds also receive food supplements to help them maintain their health. It was a powerful testimony to how sharing our resources can have a profound impact on the precious life of another human being. 


I am so grateful to Anne and the community worker we journeyed with today, for they are the hands and feet of Christ. I was humbled and honored to walk with them. Won't you consider giving a donation to Tree of Lives today, so you too can walk with Jesus in this corner of His world?

No comments:

Post a Comment